One of my favourite cooked foods is lentils, they create a satisfying dish.
I used to love the young ones too.
tinned lentils make a great quick curry.
My Creamy Curry Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (400g) tin green lentils
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- chopped fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
Prep:5min › Cook:25min › Ready in:30min
- Over medium-high heat in a large frying pan with the oil, fry onion, garlic and pepper until soft and onion is transparent.
- Add all of the spices and stir well for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and stir well. Leave for ten minutes then Add coconut milk.
- Serve with basmati or boiled rice, and add fresh coriander on top if desired.